We will always endeavour to adhere to the privacy guidelines established by The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected.
- The prior knowledge and permission of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except for legal or security reasons.
- The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purpose identified.
- Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Personal information will not be used, disclosed or retained for purposes other than those for which the information was collected, except with the permission of the individual, or as permitted or required by law.
- Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and current as is necessary for the identified purposes for which it is to be used.
- Personal information will be protected with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- We will make readily available to clients, specific information about our policies and procedures relating to the management of their personal information.
- Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to it.
- An individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Individuals can address any complaint regarding adherence to the code with our Compliance department.
Notwithstanding the above, we will comply fully with The Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.