Estate planning is something that should be done no matter what stage a person is in life. We spend the majority of our lives accumulating assets and while some people intend on spending everything they have while they are here to enjoy it, most people want to leave a portion of their estate to their heirs and are concerned about what happens when they die.
- Who will receive what?
- How will they receive it?
- Have we provided adequately for our families?
- How can I be sure my wishes will be honored?
- Will my assets pass efficiently to my heirs?
- How can I minimize the taxation of my estate?
Everyone needs to consider estate planning to protect them and to ensure that their wishes are carried out upon their death, even if their goal is to spend it all, while still living.